Space Week (October 4 – 10)
On December 6, 1999, the UN General Assembly proclaimed World Space Week as an annual holiday. This event is celebrated every year from October 4th to 10th. The choice of this particular period is based on two important dates in the history of astronautics: the launch of the first artificial Earth satellite and the signing of the 1967 Outer Space Treaty. The purpose of this event is to celebrate the contribution of space science and technology to improving human living conditions. This idea inspires students, contributes to the formation of future specialists, demonstrates significant public support for space activities.
In this regard, we have prepared some interesting films for you.
1. First satellite
2. Korolev and the Sputnik-1
3. Radio communications between Yuri Gagarin, Sergei Korolev and Ground Control
4. Yuri Gagarin: First Human Flight In Space
5. Gagarin's influence on young people in Latin America
6. "Alexey Leonov" The First Human Space Walk
7. Baikonur Cosmodrome
8. Samara in Space
9. Samara National Research University (official video)
10. Samara National Research University – International programs and projects